Jun 7, 2014

Beautiful People {1}

Beautiful People is a meme designed by Sky and Cait that will help writers learn more about their characters. As a few of you may know, I'm an aspiring writer and the MC of my current WIP is a tad bit secretive; she even keeps secrets from me. Mainly about how the eff I should finish writing her story but I guess that's my problem. Oh, well. Anyway, since I need help figuring her out, I'm going to answer these questions in relation to my MC.

1. What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it?
       Her full name is Astrid Vann. I chose her first name because in Norse it means "divine strength". The last name is totally random.

2. How old are they, and when were they born?
       She's seventeen, and she was born in the 707th year since the Exemplars arrived on what is to be the great nation of Morwakas. (My WIP's high fantasy, so bear with these things you can't understand lol.)
 
3. Describe their physical appearance.
       Astrid has black hair that barely touches her shoulders and has ink blue eyes. She's short - around 5'3" - and her best friend Vic always reminds her of it whenever she starts pestering him. No photo, but I like to imagine her as Isabelle Fuhrman despite the numerous obvious differences in appearance. *shrugs*

4. Describe your character's personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences.
       Impulsive. Aside from her family and Vic, she doesn't have much to lose, so she does practically whatever she pleases.
       
5. What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?
       Long Live by Taylor Swift. It's the song that inspired my entire WIP <3
 
6. Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character?
       Wrath. If Astrid wants something, she'll do everything to get it, especially if it's revenge.

7. If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be?
       No comment.
 
8. What is their favourite word?
       Money. My own materialism somehow made its way to her.
 
9. Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.)
       Vic, so she does something about it a.k.a. my WIP :))
 
10. What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person?
       Sight: books. Sound: fire crackling. Smell: the meat cooking in that fire.

Now this is a fun meme! :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great character. High fantasy :) Also, I love when songs inspire stories. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and I like your character! I should do this for my character in the book I wrote. :) It may help with the edits.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D