Dec 13, 2013

Friday Favorites {2}: Feel-Good Reads

Friday Favorites is a new weekly feature hosted by The Quiet Girl Talks, where you list your five favorites for each theme.

Wow. Making this list, I realized I haven't read lots of these fun, light books. These are usually contemporary titles, but the ones I've read actually ended up being some of the heaviest, most emotional books to hit my 'read' pile. The titles below are the lightest of the bunch.




The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

A book about a closet nerd who gets busted by a cute and sweet fellow nerd guy? Dude. You have no idea how much I loved this story. There was the issue of Maddie hiding her true self from her cool friends, hurting a lot of people in the process, but this book was kept light all the way.



 







Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Dash & Lily's is a staple read for me during the holidays - I've read it twice now and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it! Just imagine: Christmastime. Snow. New York. The Strand. A Moleskine notebook. Romance. *melts from all the fuzzy feels*








Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
You might be asking, how can a book about three girls seeking revenge be a feel-good read? Well, revenge feels good, doesn't it? Nah, I'm kidding. Wait, am I? Because I started thinking what made me laugh while reading Burn for Burn and then I realized it was the MCs' acts of vengeance. Hilarious, I tell you.




 Play With Me by Piper Shelly

Yes, a freaking novella made it to my list. Play With Me may be short but it gave me all the feels I could get from a full-length novel. Also, I just realized that I seldom read about a guy chasing after a girl who likes another guy. Huh.









Oh, this book. A messy break-up that was turned to a song and made it to the airwaves? Not feel-good material, yes, but I felt good after reading this, so just give it a try, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D