Dec 25, 2013

365 Days of Books: July 2013

Before anything else,
I wish you guys all the best and all the books this holiday season! I'm getting one more than I got last year, so that's progress, is it not? ;D

With the new year fast coming up, I thought I'd recap 2013, the most bookish year in the history of me. Hmm, I sure read an odd assortment of books last July. Perhaps the most memorable is Starry Nights because I finished it while eating sundae and waiting to watch the City of Bones movie.

Addicted to You (Addicted #1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie (5/5)
The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1) by Stacey Kade (3.5/5)
Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino (1.5/5)
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (5/5)
The Human (The Eden Trilogy #2) by Keary Taylor (4.5/5)
Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout (3.5/5)
Saving Ben by Ashley Farley (3/5)
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (4.5/5)
Untimed by Andy Gavin (3.5/5)
Losing Francesca by J.A. Huss (3.5/5)
Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney (5/5)
Shattered Illusions by Leigh Hershkovich (4/5)
Total: 14 books

Book of the Month
Title: Just Listen
Author: Sarah Dessen
Release Date: April 6th 2006
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Age Group: Young Adult
To find the truth, you've got to be willing to hear it.
When she's modeling, Annabel is the picture of perfection.
But her real life is far from perfect.
Fortunately, she's got Owen. He's intense, music-obsessed, and dedicated to always telling the truth.
And most of all, he's determined to make Annabel happy...
Just Listen is my first Sarah Dessen book, and it was so good, I couldn't even review it. I plan to re-read it some time next year and I hope I'll be able to review it then. Anyway, this book proved me wrong because I'd always thought that Dessen's books are all light and fun and fluffy, so imagine my surprise when I discovered an underlying darkness in this one.

How's your Christmas going, guys? At this moment, I'm in my parents' house with zero internet, a book, and lots of food. I hope yours is just as fun! ;D

1 comment:

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D