Dec 26, 2013

365 Days of Books: August 2013

With the new year fast coming up, I thought I'd recap 2013, the most bookish year in the history of me. There are months that just go by in a blur - no birthdays, no anniversaries, nothing. August is one of those. The only thing I remember from this month is me reading Karen Ann Hopkins' Temptation in our living room. (This is significant because I rarely hang out in our living room. I do most of my reading in bed. *shrugs*)

The Guys Are Props Club (G.A.P. #1) by Ingrid Seymour (4/5)
Temptation (Temptation #1) by Karen Ann Hopkins (4.5/5)
Belonging (Temptation #2) by Karen Ann Hopkins (4/5)
Hover (The Taking #2) by Melissa West (4/5)#
The Liberator (Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott (4/5)
No Reverse (Second Chances #1) by Marion Croslydon (3/5)
Antithesis by Kacey Vanderkarr (4/5)
Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1) by Jay Kristoff (3.5/5)
Chaos (Kardia Chronicles #1) by Christine O'Neil (4/5)
Total: 14 books

Book of the Month
Title: The Oathbreaker's Shadow (The Knots Sequence #1)
Author: Amy McCulloch
Release Date: June 6th 2013
Publisher: Random House Children's Publishers
Age Group: Young Adult
Fifteen-year-old Raim lives in a world where you tie a knot for every promise that you make. Break that promise and you are scarred for life, and cast out into the desert.
Raim has worn a simple knot around his wrist for as long as he can remember. No one knows where it came from, and which promise of his it symbolises, but he barely thinks about it at all—not since becoming the most promising young fighter ever to train for the elite Yun guard. But on the most important day of his life, when he binds his life to his best friend (and future king) Khareh, the string bursts into flames and sears a dark mark into his skin.
Scarred now as an oath-breaker, Raim has two options: run, or be killed.
I love high fantasy, but I don't get to read books in that genre as much as I want to. No idea why. The few that I've read have all amazed me, but The Oathbreaker's Shadow is something that stands out from that small crowd. Everything from the premise to the setting and the characters are all very original and memorable. I'm super stoked for the sequel!

I just noticed that, except for one, all the books I read this past August are parts of a series o.o Anyway, how was your August? Share with me your interesting reads in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D