Sep 23, 2012

Book Review: The Keeping - Nicky Charles

Title: The Keeping (Law of the Lycans #2) - Nicky Charles
Release Date: July 1st 2010
Publisher: Smashwords
Pages: 1048 (ebook)
Ryne Taylor was a sexy bad-ass Alpha set on establishing a new pack. Melody Greene was a journalism student researching his work as a photographer or so she said. But could Mel really be trusted or had she stumbled upon his secret? And if she knew, could Ryne save himself and the pack he'd left behind without enacting a deadly ancient law known as The Keeping? Sequel to The Mating.
THE COVER
Again, this is a free ebook, so no complaints!

THE STORY
The Keeping was a great sequel; Nicky Charles enriched her already elaborate world of Lycans. That said, it kind of dragged in the middle - or maybe that's just me being impatient. I also had some really good laughs with this one, particularly when I read "were-bear", lol. The ending was a cliffhanger, but I didn't have a problem with it because I had The Finding all set.

THE CHARACTERS
I loved the tension between Mel and Ryne, whether it be sexual, or the fact that Ryne has to keep their secret from Mel without wanting to push her away (though he denies it at first).
 
MY FAVORITE PART was Mel getting drunk XD

RATING: 5/5
(photo and summary from Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D