Sep 24, 2012

Book Review: The Finding - Nicky Charles

Title: The Finding (Law of the Lycans #3) - Nicky Charles
Release Date: February 11th 2011
Publisher: Smashwords
Pages: 442 (ebook)
She discovered a dark secret, witnessed a murder and fled into the night fearing for her life. Three years later, Cassie is still hiding from her past, haunted by a dream lover and fighting to control a terrifying beast that seems to grow stronger each day. When Bryan, pack Beta, appears to claim her, Cassie is forced to face the truth of her existence. Innocence, betrayal, greed and love collide with ancient werewolf laws in... The Finding. Third book in The Law of the Lycans series by Nicky Charles.
THE COVER
I actually like this cover! The red sky and that big, fluffy dog (that's not a wolf, is it?) does it for me.

THE STORY
It's Bryan's turn. And wow, did he get the best female out there, haha!

The Finding starts with a lot of action, slows down too much for my liking in the middle - probably why I read this for almost a month - then picks up again for the amazing ending.  

THE CHARACTERS
For the most part, I disliked Cassie. She was - there's no other way to put it - stupid and impulsive. I admired Bryan for putting up with her. And I loved how the main characters from the two previous books came together in this one's ending.
 
MY FAVORITE PARTS were the Kane and Ryne brotherly banters that never failed to have me grinning like crazy.

RATING: 4/5
(photo and summary from Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D